CLARIFICATIONS ON THE CALL FOR
«RECORDING OF THE ELECTRIC ENERGY
QUALITY PROVIDED TO THE CONSUMERS»
QUESTION No 1.
- In order to proceed to the design of the sampling system (tender para 5 II 1) we must deliver the Greek grid plan at
least those of 150 KV network and 20 KV network. We presume that all
these plans shall be delivered to the contractor by the client.
- Please confirm that it is not required to measure current
- After the design of sampling system prepared by the Contractor
and approved by the client there will be a demand to define the exact
address of the consumers to be monitored. There will be also a demand
for coordination with the P.P.C. to access the
measuring devices, to intervene e.t.c. Please
explain how do you intend to realize your
involvement in coordination and carrying out the above mentioned
- In page 39, para 5, the specifications
call for IP 65 boxes to be placed outdoor. The analyzers are very
expensive equipment to be installed on a non-secured location. Who will
guard the equipment against vandalism or thieves?
- We assume that it is upon Contractor decision to choose the exact
location of the measuring point and will not be forced to locate the
devices on poles. Please clarify.
- Since the rate of data transferring through the mobile telephone
provider is not defined and RAE keeps the right to ask transmission
every hour, we assume the mobile network service will be bear by RAE.
- We assume that there will be an external access (through VPN connection or direct connection) to the Data Center in order to be able to
operate, prepare reports e.t.c. fron the Contractor premises. Please clarify.
- It is self understood that para 6 of
article 54 of EU directive 2004/17/EK dated
31.03.2004 is applicable.
ANSWER TO QUESTION No 1.
- RAE can provide the Contractor with a general geographic layout
(not GIS) of the 150 kV grid developed on the continental country, which
includes the 150/20 kV substations that are connected to it.
Additionally, data on 150/20 kV substation loads can also be provided (i.e.
yearly minimum and maximum load). These data are contained in the 5 year
Transmission System Development plan compiled by HTSO,
which is publicly available.
- As per the project specification (Annex III, paragraph 1 of the
tender documents), we confirm the Contractor is required to measure only
voltage characteristics, in accordance to EN 50160:1999.
- Under paragraph 2 of the tender documents, it is stated that P.P.C. have declared their availability to support
the execution of the project. It is understood that apart from the task
of meter installation, where P.P.C.
involvement and role is obvious, it is up to the Contractor to define
tasks where P.P.C. support will be needed and
the nature of this support. It is also evident that RAE shall use its
best efforts to facilitate the work of the Contractor with respect to
its interaction with P.P.C. However, this does
not mean that P.P.C. will take upon itself the
complete task of meter installation. Of course, the Contractor shall
bear the cost of the whole installation equipment needed.
- We refer you to paragraph 3 of the project specification (Annex
III), where it is stipulated that the Contractor shall be responsible
for installing and maintaining the metering apparatus, until these are
delivered to RAE in perfect condition and operating normally, upon
completion of the project. Furthermore, it is stated that in case of
theft or substantial equipment damage (excluding wear and tear from
normal equipment use) on part or the whole of the metering apparatus or
related equipment during the course of the metering program, the
Contractor shall bear the relevant cost.
- We confirm that subject to the condition that metering devices
are deployed in accordance with the plan approved by RAE (deliverable
D.1), the exact location of the metering points
on the selected distribution network elements shall be decided by the
- Metering data retrieval is an integral part of the project to
which the Bidder’s financial offer corresponds. It is therefore evident
that the Contractor shall be responsible for data retrieval from the
metering apparatus during the course of the metering program and shall
bear all relevant cost.
- Remote access of the Contractor to the Data Collection Center shall be allowed.
- By nature of its activities, RAE is not among the contracting
entities to which Directive 2004/17/EC applies.